Sunday, December 12, 2010

Football

For those who don't know me well, I am a Tampa Bay fan. I was born a Tampa Bay fan, and I'll die a Tampa Bay fan. There's just no if, ands, or buts about it.

The first game of this season that I was able to watch at home was against Carolina. After I turned on the game, Lucas walks into the room and says "Go blue team!" To which I replied, "No, no. The red team are the Bucs, the blue team are the Panthers. I want the Bucs to win."

Well, of course my children are very independent, and capable of thinking for themselves. Lucas didn't want to root for the Bucs because they were wearing red, and the Panthers were wearing blue, and well see, blue is his favorite color.

So today I turned on the Bucs game, and Lucas asks how come the Panthers aren't on? I said I'm sure they are, but they're not playing against the Bucs today. He was disappointed, because he wanted to cheer for his blue team again. I don't know where I went wrong with that one? Imagine, a Panthers fan living right here in my own house. For shame!!

No comments:

Post a Comment